Teacher of Geography
St. Gregory’s Catholic High School is one of the highest performing schools in the Liverpool Archdiocese and Warrington LA. Due to the increasing popularity of GCSE Geography and expected growth in our pupil numbers, we are looking to appoint an excellent teacher of Geography.
The successful candidate would be working with an effective, dynamic team of subject specialists who strive to provide the best learning experience for pupils through high expectations, inspirational teaching and personalised support. In Years 7,8 and 9 pupils follow a Geography curriculum that focuses on developing the skills and content needed to prepare for the demands of GCSE. In Years 10 and 11 pupils study the AQA GCSE exam board specification. The department consists of 2 full time teachers of Geography and teaching takes place in 2 Geography classrooms which are well resourced. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding and effective practitioner who has the desire to continue to raise standards across the department.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Geography and will be personally driven to ensure that every child achieves and makes good progress through challenge and engagement. Geography is currently the 2nd most popular option with 120 students in Year 10 and 96 in Year 11. Content studied at GCSE includes, Tectonic and weather hazards, climate change, living world, rivers and coasts, resource management, the changing economic world, urban challenges and a skills examination.
Further details and application forms are available from www.stgregoryshigh.com
Please return completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
Closing Date: 24th January 2019
Shortlisting: 25th January 2019
Interviews: 1st February 2019
PA to Headteacher/Clerk to Governors Finance Committee
37hpw, term time plus 3 weeks
Salary: Grade 6
We are seeking to appoint an efficient, organised and highly motivated PA to the Headteacher. We are looking for a candidate who is committed to providing excellent customer service with a strong background in administration.
The successful applicant will:
- act as an ambassador for the school and the Headteacher in all matters
- be able to lead staff effectively in order to ensure high standards and operational efficiency are achieved at all times, and to effectively manage and develop individuals within the team
- understand the need for confidentiality and discretion and demonstrate very high standards of professionalism at all times
- provide support, be a regular liaison point for all Governors
- have GCSE grade C English and Maths as a minimum, excellent IT skills, excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- have experience of school-based systems such as SIMS
- have very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage challenging situations within a very busy environment
- be able to use initiative and demonstrate a ‘can do’ approach to prioritising tasks, solving problems and multi-tasking
- be able to work to tight deadlines and have the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- be efficient, organised and accurate, with an excellent attention to detail
- have recent knowledge of statutory policies and procedures in relation to school administration (including HR) and Data Protection (GDPR)
- enjoy working with children
- promote and support the Catholic ethos of the school, demonstrating conduct in keeping with this at all times
- understand the importance of establishing and maintaining an effective safeguarding culture
This post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Candidates who are interested must apply using the (CES) Support Staff application form. Further details can be found on our website at www.stgregoryshigh.com
Closing date for applications: 24th January 2019
Interviews: week commencing 28th January 2019